Let's get you sorted!
Even though we pride ourselves on our awesome list of benefits and money-saving premiums, it’s during claims stage where we really get to show off! Not only do we get to showcase our team of expert claims advisors, but we also get the opportunity to prove to you why we’re holding our own as the leading direct short-term insurance company in South Africa.
- Remember, that because you’re insured with OUTsurance, you’ll always pay a fixed excess amount, irrespective of size of your claim.
- Even if you claim, your premium is still guaranteed for a total of 12 months at a time.
- Different to other insurance companies, we don’t apply a compulsory six-week waiting period to process car theft claims.
Even though your OUTbonus will be forfeited after you’ve submitted an insurance claim, a brand-new OUTbonus cycle will take effect immediately. Remember, you can use Help@OUT or Buddy@OUT as often as you want, without it influencing your OUTbonus.
The claims process
If you need to claim, simply give us a call on 08 600 70 000. Alternatively, please submit your details online and we’ll call you back. A claims advisor will be assigned to your case and he or she will take care of you throughout the insurance claims process.
Your claims advisor will work closely with one of our preferred service providers to get all repairs and replacements sorted as soon as humanly possible.
- In the case of a car accident, always ask the other party for his or her ID number, full names, car registration number and contact details. If possible, also try to include a sketch or brief description of exactly what happened.
- You need to report any instance of theft, attempted theft, fire, etc. to the police within 24 hours of the incident taking place.
- You can help us to speed up the claims process, by providing us with all the documentation and information we ask for, within the set timeframe.
- Please inform us of any claims (or any incident that may lead to a claim) to us. In fact, the sooner you let us know, the better.