Home insurance

  • Free Help@OUT emergency assistance
  • Premiums guaranteed for 12 months
  • Low fixed excesses
  • Quick claims turnaround
  • Awesome service

Get comprehensive contents insurance today!

Household content insurance products

We'll cover your household contents against theft, intentional damage, as well as damage caused by a power surge or a burst geyser. Even damage to your contents due to fire, lightning storm, hail and flood is covered. We'll automatically apply annual inflation-linked adjustments to ensure that your contents won't be under-insured. Our standard household insurance package also takes care of personal liability which covers you if your domestic worker gets injured while on duty or where you may be held responsible for causing death or injury to someone else or damage to their property. 

Don't forget to add our OUT-and-About product where you'll receive cover for items you take or use outside your house. To insure the structure of your building or any permanent fixtures or fittings, read more about our buildings insurance product

Essential contents insurance

OUTsurance has put together an innovative low-cost alternative to standard contents insurance, available for household goods that are worth less than R50 000. Read more about our essential contents insurance product.

Impressive household contents insurance benefits

  • Your household content insurance excess remains fixed, regardless.
  • Enjoy peace-of-mind, knowing that your household contents insurance premium is guaranteed for 12 months.
  • Receive free Help@OUT emergency home assistance - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Don't forget your free bonus benefits

You will be compensated if any of the following should happen to you:

  • Theft of money, personal documents, garden furniture, personal possessions of guests, groceries from your vehicle or theft of your domestic employee's contents from your home.
  • Groceries spoiling in a fridge or freezer as result of a power failure out of your control.
  • Fraudulent use of credit cards, cash cards or account cards - we'll cover the first R2 500.
  • Injury to your pet (this refers to veterinary costs as a result of a motor vehicle accident).
  • Compensation (up to R5 000) for the death of your spouse caused by fire or theft at your home.
  • Loss or damage to locks, keys and remote controls of your home.

You're going to love these extras

So, how about adding a optional extras to your exsiting contents insurance package? 

Extended theft insurance for unoccupied buildings

If your home is unoccupied for 60 or more consecutive days, this option is perfect to cover your household items against theft.

Garden and leisure equipment insurance

This provides cover for items that are permanently kept outside such as pool cleaning equipment, jungle gyms or patio sets.

Cover for goods used for business purposes

Our standard cover provides cover for items that are used for private purposes. However, this optional cover provides the perfect solution for insuring items (such as fax machines, PCs or printers) that you're using for your business.

Insurance against theft of contents being transported

Our standard contents cover already provides cover for your contents when you move house and when the vehicle transporting the goods is involved in a car accident. However, this optional cover ensures that your contents are also covered in case of theft during the move to your new home.

Accidental damage of contents being transported

We cover your contents for accidental damage when you're moving house. Your household contents are covered for the duration of the move and also during packing, loading, transporting, unloading and unpacking.

Extended liability cover

You can extend your current liability limit to as much as R50 million.

Veldfires liability cover

Receive cover where the spreading of a veldfire caused damage to someone else's contents and/or where the fire caused bodily harm to another person.

*Business owners, keep in mind that our Business OUTsurance team can also provide you with contents insurance for your business.