Kwande (derived from the isiZulu word 'makwande', which means 'to multiply') provides SMEs with access to skills, markets and funding opportunities. The aim is not just to grow small businesses in the OUTsurance value chain, but to uplift the communities in in which they operate.
One-on-one mentorship, boot camps, and specialist intervention support.
Access to opportunities within our supply chain.
Enabling SMEs with operational tools for business support
Loan and grant funding disbursed to help SMEs with various OPEX and CAPEX needs.
- Building entrepreneurial capacity
- Enhancing growth in turnover
- Enabling job creation
- Providing grant funding to SMEs requiring seed funding
- Providing loan funding to SMEs requiring growth funding
- Reducing complaints ratio and improving customer service index (CSI) scores
- Enabling shift in procurement spend for programme SMEs
(as at Jan 2021)
Dispersed in loan and grant funding.
Full-time jobs created and 255 full-time jobs supported.
SMEs assisted in two cohorts.
Meet some of the people taking part in the Kwande bootcamps and training/mentoring sessions.