Are you gunning for glory? Test your limits with the 21.1km half marathon. Gunning for your health? Build up your fitness with the 10km run. How about those who are gunning for adventure? Try the 15km Trail run. Or are you just gunning for a great day out? Jog with a mate in the 5km Fun run, or walk your furry friends in the all-new 5km Pet walk.
Plus, the fun doesn’t stop at the finish lines. There’ll be loads of awesome food stalls and a great play area for the kids.enter now
The AWS clinic is open seven days a week, including weekends and public holidays. We have fully equipped theatres where we do sterilisations, orthopaedic and other operations. At any given time, we can house more than one hundred sick or injured animals. We are committed to sterilising every animal that comes through our hospital in order to contribute to reducing the number of strays. Our Inspectorate team also respond to calls for any animal in distress, including injured strays, dog fighting and animal abuse.
We also have an adoption department. We take in strays and unwanted pets to find suitable and loving homes. Each animal is medically assessed, vaccinated, dewormed, treated for ticks and fleas, microchipped and sterilised and we do very strict home checks. We have a growing number of happy adopters and pets in the greater Cape Town community.make a donation
All you need to know about parking, buses, water stations and more.
There are limited parking options available. We strongly advise that you carpool…
- There are limited parking options available. We strongly advise that you carpool or Uber to the OUTsurance Gun Run.
- Please make sure you budget enough time beforehand to find parking in order to get to the start early.
- Participants are requested not to park in any residential parking bays near the apartments on, or around the race start area on Beach Road.
- The Traffic Department will clamp, fine and tow any illegally parked vehicles.
- There will be no parking on Beach Road, and a large section of parking will be restricted adjacent to the finish area for emergency vehicles and race officials.
- The City will be erecting no stopping/parking signs in this area the day before the event and our security personnel will not allow runners or supporters to stop or park in the restricted zone anytime before or during the event.
Our Park-and-Ride service For those who park at the Civic Centre, MyCiTi will…
Our Park-and-Ride service
For those who park at the Civic Centre, MyCiTi will transport you and your supporters from the Civic Centre Station to the Stadium Station for free.
Civic Centre to Cape Town Stadium
The first bus will depart from the Civic Centre station at 5:15 am and the last bus will depart at 8:00 am. Buses will leave every 5 minutes. Passengers will be dropped off at Stadium Station, which is a short walk to the start line.
Cape Town Stadium to Civic Centre
Buses will pick up runners at Stadium Station. The buses will return to town via the circle and back along Helen Suzman Boulevard. Passengers will be dropped off at the Civic Centre Station. The first bus will depart from Stadium Station at 8 am and the last bus at 11:15 am.
How to find the right bus
Each Gun Run bus stop will be identified by a sign. The Gun Run buses will also have posters on the front and side, and electronic signage. Look out for a crew member in both locations who will be able to assist you.
Where to park
There is plenty of public parking around the Civic Centre, on the east side of Heerengracht Street and at the gravel parking in Foreshore. PLEASE NOTE: The Traffic Department will clamp, fine and tow away any illegally parked vehicles, please adhere to all parking signs and restrictions.
View all the latest MyCiTI routes, information and maps on the MyCiTi website.
Our race doctor and race paramedics will be on hand to handle any medical incidents…
Our race doctor and race paramedics will be on hand to handle any medical incidents. Two ambulances, one response vehicle and seven paramedics will patrol the routes, and a medical tent will be available at the finish area.
We’re gunning for a cleaner environment As one of Cape Town’s most popular…
We’re gunning for a cleaner environment
As one of Cape Town’s most popular road running events, our mission is to bring people together to make communities healthier, happier, and more eco-conscious. We’re committed to finding new ways to #RunClean and protect the environment.
Waste collection and recycling
Tables are provided with rakes and bins along the route. Kleen Bin is responsible for sweeping the routes and for collecting waste and recycling from the tables at the start and finish areas.
All runners are encouraged not to litter the route.
Fencing is erected at points on the promenade to prevent discarded water sachets from blowing into the sea.
After the event, all cardboard, plastics and dry waste is sorted, bagged and recycled.
Bluewater refill tanks
Water refill tanks will be at the 5km water point on the 21km. So, bring your collapsible cup, softshell flask or top up your hydration pack.
Environmentally responsible catering
Our vendors and caterers are making every effort to avoid the use of straws, plastic and polystyrene altogether.
Civic Centre (Free MyCiti Shuttle Service) Runners are advised to use the available…
Civic Centre (Free MyCiti Shuttle Service)
- Runners are advised to use the available parking areas on the east side of Heerengracht Street in order to avoid traffic congestion around the stadium.
- A free MyCiTi bus service will be operational from the Civic Centre through to the Stadium.
- There will be: On-street parking around Civic Centre
- Gravel parking in Foreshore
V&A Waterfront parking
- Safe, secure parking is available at the V&A Waterfront
- It is undercover
- Find all parking rates here: waterfront.co.za/parking/
- It is a short warm-up jog or walk to the start on Beach Road
Cape Quarter in Somerset Road
- Safe, secure parking is available at the Cape Quarter Shopping Centre in Somerset Road
- It’s less than 1km to the start
P13 and P14 (21KM ONLY) in Main Road
- This parking is for half marathon runners only due to race starting times/road closures
- Parking is available along Main Road, Green Point opposite the Stadium Precinct in P13 and P14
- Runners can access this parking area either from Helen Suzman Boulevard or along Somerset Road
- PLEASE NOTE: P4 parking (next to the Green Point Athletics Stadium) is for VIPs, suppliers, medics, emergency vehicles and crew only
Double check the latest parking information before you leave for the race.
Water Stations Our water tables will offer water, Coca-Cola, and Coke Zero to runners…
Our water tables will offer water, Coca-Cola, and Coke Zero to runners on all the Gun Run routes. To reduce our plastic waste, there will also be Bluewater refill ranks at the stations and finish lines.
Tables are provided with rakes and bins. All runners are encouraged not to litter on the routes.
Water Stations Locations
Refreshment points will be supplied every 3km in both the 21.1km and 10km offering a combination of water and Coca-Cola. This event is a sachet free race and will have water refill stations. Participants are encouraged to carry their own.
We always order more than we need, in case the races fall on unseasonably hot days. Leftover water is donated to local road races and the rest is collected and recycled by KleenBin. Empty and unopened Coca Cola bottles are collected by Peninsula Beverage Co. directly after the race is finished. If you would like water sachets for your event and are able to collect them on race day, contact us.
Things to Note
- It’s best not to drink alcohol the night before the race to ensure you aren’t dehydrated.
- Please bring your own water bottle to the start of your race, as drinks will not be provided in the starting areas.
216 toilets have been hired including two disabled toilets for the Gun Run. There will be at least one toilet at each water table on the course and the public toilets will be open.
We will provide three secure tog bag vehicles for runners to drop off bags at the…
We will provide three secure tog bag vehicles for runners to drop off bags at the start. There will be a dedicated truck for the half marathon, one for the 10km and a bakkie for the 5km. Please allow enough time to find the right truck, and get to the start line.
Label your bag
Please label your bag with your name, and secure it with a padlock. Biddulphs will attach a number to your bag and give you a corresponding sticker to stick to the back of your race number. Please show this number to Biddulphs at the finish to collect your bag.
Do not leave valuables in your bag or large amounts of cash. All cell phones must be switched off. Bags are left at the owner's risk and the race organiser will not be held responsible for any loss or theft.
The Biddulphs trucks will be located at the start on Beach Road (near the Water Club) and at the finish areas on Green Point rugby fields.