Are you ready to gun for that Half Marathon finish line?
Fritz Sonnenberg Road, Green Point, Sunday 18th September 2022 @ 06h30
It will start on Beach Road in Sea Point, and finish on the Green Point Common, opposite the Green Point Cricket Club. The Green Point Common offers loads of space for runners and supporters to soak up the atmosphere at the end of the race.
Cut off is at 10h30. Routes are subject to change.enter now
This map is for reference only, the course has been accurately measured to 21.1km
All races will start on Beach Road (near the Water Club)
Green Point Common, opposite the Green Point Cricket Club
The finish venue offers plenty of space for all runners and supporters to soak up the atmosphere and great entertainment at the end of the race. Cut off is at 10h30.
|Male & Female||1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place||4th Place||5th Place|
|Open||R 25 000||R 18 000||R 12 000||R 8 000||R 5 000|
|40-49||R 3 000||R 2 000||R 1 500|
|50-59||R 2 500||R 2 000||R 1 500|
|60-69||R 2 000||R 1 500||R 1 000|
|70+||R 2 000||R 1 500||R 1 000|
Event T-shirts for the road race will be sold online at R250.00
They are lightweight, comfy, made from quick-dry fabric, and can be purchased.
You can order your t-shirt under 'optional extras' before you pay. T-shirts are available to purchase on your entry form and R10 from each sale will be donated to our charity. T-shirts can be collected at number collection.
Water stations will be located at approximately 3-4km intervals. Our first aid team of race doctors and paramedics will be on hand, and ambulances will be available.
This is pre-entry races only. Enter online at www.topevents.co.za until midnight…
- This is pre-entry races only. Enter online at www.topevents.co.za until midnight 28th August 2022.
- Please note that you will need to wear your mask at all times including at number collection, start area and finish area. During the race you may remove your mask but must carry it with you at all times. (Subject to change)
- All entrants to collect their race number in person due to COVID-19 rules and regulations.
- No spectators are allowed at the event. (Subject to change)
- No gathering at the finish area. Once finished, collect your medal and coke and vacate the finish area as required by the current regulations. (Subject to change)
- Unlicensed Athletes must purchase a temporary license – 21.1km distance R60-00, the 10km distance R40-00 and 10km junior is R25-00.
- Race Cancellation: There will be no refunds, but should the event be cancelled for reasons beyond our control, then your basic entry fee for the 2022 event will be transferred to the 2023 event.
- An email will be sent to you 3 days prior to the number collection with a link where you will complete your Covid-19 screening form. Please note that if this form is not completed before number collection you will NOT receive your race number to participate in the event. (Subject to change)
- PLEASE BE COVID-19 COMPLIANT AT ALL TIMES.
- NO upgrades, downgrades or substitutions will take place after the closing date of the 28th August 2022.
- This event is held under the rules and regulations of ASA and Western Province Athletics.
If you do not give a qualifying time, you will start at the back. Your previous…
- If you do not give a qualifying time, you will start at the back.
- Your previous race time MUST be of the same distance as the race you are entering.
- We will be seeding the half marathon, the 10km run and the 15km trail run. There will be no seeding for the 5km fun run, or the 5km dog walk.
The results will be electronically produced on race day by the official chip timing…
The results will be electronically produced on race day by the official chip timing system.
Your timing chip will be placed on your race number. The race number must be worn on the front of your vest and visible at the finish line. There is a foam strip on the back of the race number. Please do not remove the timing chip and foam strip from the race number – doing so will result in NO finish time. For safety and timing purposes, ONLY the person assigned to this race number may use it. Only the trail run, 21.1km and 10km races will be timed. The fun runs will not be timed.
The race is run according to the rules of ASA & WPA. Runners must obey traffic…
- The race is run according to the rules of ASA & WPA.
- Runners must obey traffic officers, race marshals, race officials and the COVID-19 Officers at all times.
- The OUTsurance Gun Run 21.1km half marathon race is open to all licenced and non-licenced runners of 16 years.
- Supporters are requested not to follow athletes on the route. Refreshment points will be supplied every 3km offering a combination of water and Coca-Cola. This event is plastic sachet free and will have water refill stations. Participants are encouraged to carry their own.
- The time limit for the 21.1km race is 4 hours.
- One race number (bib) will be issued. Registered athletes must wear their ASA licences on the front and back of their vest. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA licence, so that the ASA licence sponsor remains visible. Temporary licenced runners must wear the race number on the front of their vest and the temporary licence on the back.
- No swopping or exchanging of race numbers as this is linked to your personal details for medical and timing purposes.
- Age category tags must be worn (front and back) and visible for the entire race to be eligible for any age category prize.
- Temporary licensed runners to wear plain clothing, no advertising.
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Do not litter. Dispose of any refuse responsibly by using the boxes provided or carry them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees.
- Participants in this event do so at their own risk and release and discharge the organisers, sponsors, provincial and national Athletics bodies, and all persons assisting in staging the event from any responsibility, liability or costs relating to any injury, loss or damage of whatever nature, however caused, arising directly or indirectly from their participation in the event.
- Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
- Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organisers at least one month prior to the official race date to discuss arrangements for their participation.
Entries for the 21.1km event are limited to 5000 and the organisers reserve the right…
Entries for the 21.1km event are limited to 5000 and the organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
Jetline Action Photo R185.00
Jetline Action Photo R185.00
A tog bag facility will be provided for the 21.1km athletes at the. start point…
A tog bag facility will be provided for the 21.1km athletes at the. start point. You will be provided with a tog bag tag in your race envelope. Please make sure that you put your race number and name on the tag prior to race day and have it securely attached to your bag prior to arriving at the start of the event. Once you arrive at the start you can place your marked bag on the tog bag truck provided. Tog bags can be collected at the finish field once you have completed the race. NO VALUABLES are to be left in your tog bag as the organisers or any other persons involved directly or indirectly in the event will NOT be held responsible for any loss or damage in this regard.
The race will be seeded, ensuring that runners experience a more efficient start…
The race will be seeded, ensuring that runners experience a more efficient start to the race.
- You can submit a qualifying time during the entry process.
- You can enter your best time for a previous race under 'Athlete Details' on online entries, or on page 2 of the entry form.
- Seeding is based on a 21.1km race run within 12 months prior to the event.
There will be clear signage for the seeding pens. Please give yourself enough time…
- There will be clear signage for the seeding pens. Please give yourself enough time to park, walk to the start, and find your seeding pen.
- You will be required to show your race number to the official at the gate of the pen, so please pin your numbers to the front of your vest.
- Should you wish to run with slower friends you may enter their pen as long as it is lower than yours. For example, if you have been allocated a B seeding and your friend is in C, you may join them in their pen but they will not be allowed to start with you in B.
- Pens will close 10 minutes before the start of the race and the groups will compress. Latecomers will be directed to the back of the field.
The 21.1km, 10km and 15km trail run will be timed by a disposable chip located on…
The 21.1km, 10km and 15km trail run will be timed by a disposable chip located on the back of your race number. The chips are included as part of the race fee and will be issued to all race participants (apart from 5km runners) in their registration packs.
How does the chip work?
- Two Top Events disposable timing chips will be placed on the back of your race number and are covered by a foam strip.
- The foam strip prevents water from affecting the chip signal. Please do not remove the foam strip. If you do, you will not receive an official time.
- Please do not bend or fold your race number as this could affect the antennae and signal capability.
- For all result queries please visit topevents.co.za or call 021 511 7130.
21.1km Licensed R230 21.1km…
21.1km Licensed R230
21.1km Unlicensed R290
Event T-shirts for the road race will be sold online at R250.00 Technical embroidered…
Event T-shirts for the road race will be sold online at R250.00
Technical embroidered running cap will be sold online at R169.00
We will comply with all COVID-19 regulations at the time of the Event. All entrants…
We will comply with all COVID-19 regulations at the time of the Event. All entrants are expected to always adhere with the directives of the COVID-19 Compliance Officers.