Vehicle credit life benefits
OUTsurance vehicle credit life cover helps you to pay for your vehicle when one of the insured events makes it difficult for you to do so. These include the following:
- Life cover pays the outstanding balance on your loan following your death.
- Critical illness cover pays the outstanding balance on your loan if you suffer from, or are diagnosed with, one of 17 major critical illnesses. These include cancer, heart attack, stroke, paralysis, blindness and a major organ transplant.
- Permanent disability cover pays the outstanding balance of your loan if you are totally and permanently disabled and you are not able to perform your own or any suitable occupation.
- Temporary disability cover pays the instalment on your loan if you are temporarily disabled and unable to perform your own occupation.
- Retrenchment cover pays the instalment on your loan if you are retrenched or made redundant.
- Premium waiver cover - we will pay your vehicle credit life premium for each month you receive a payment from us for your retrenchment or temporary disability claim.
Documents | Frequently asked questions
Vehicle credit life products
OUTsurance offers the following cover options:
- Comprehensive cover
We'll settle the outstanding loan amount in case of death, critical illness and permanent disability. In case of temporary disability and retrenchment, we will pay your monthly loan instalment. Our comprehensive product also includes premium waiver cover.
- Life cover
OUTsurance will pay the outstanding loan amount, following your death.
Download credit protection critical illness cover table - English
*Please note that this product has now been replaced with Credit protection cover, with effect from 1 July 2012. Existing vehicle credit life facility holders will not be affected by this change.
Also read more about our comprehensive life insurance product.